Wednesday, May 18, 2011

sucking it up

Only night two of injections and I already have a nice black and blue mark to show for it. I have also learned one of two possible things:

  1. These new medications hurt a lot more going in than the last medications... or
  2. I have turned into a huge wuss

I vote the latter. The menopur literally makes me cry about halfway through the injection as a dull, yet increasing throb commences, forcing me to tell myself this is crazy-because after I finish this shot, I need to immediately administer another needle into the opposite side of my stomach. Once it is over and my body begins to absorb it, I feel better. However, I can't help but think I have weakened in my ability to withstand pain. I had better get used to it. It only gets more painful every day... but so worth it.

Interestingly, one of my oral medications-dexamethasone-states on the label: May cause a whirly feeling (WTH does that mean?) as well as an increased appetite. FAN-tastic. I need a bigger appetite-and a whirly feeling. I am not sure if this headache has anything to do with the whirly thing... or if it is just a "lack-of-caffeine" thing. Again, I vote the latter.

We are also now the proud owners of a brand new air conditioning unit. I am not sure what it looks like though through the 18" high grass field that is our backyard. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment