Tuesday, May 31, 2011

no longer a PIO virgin

We have completed our 5th IUI as of this past Saturday. I also had my IV intralipid infusion. I have to say, the HCG injection to trigger ovulation I took on friday evening has caused great soreness to the feminine chest area. And now I am happy to say I am also no longer a progesterone in oil (PIO) virgin. The big needle was and is still scary, but the pain was minimal at injection. Icing the injection site and warming the oil with body heat made a huge difference. Hats off to Jeff who gave it a go and administered the needle. He is awesome and I am glad he can handle it so well.

However, just one hour later, I am feeling an ache sort of like if you fall on your ass-and try to get up the next morning. I can also feel the telltale knot in the muscle despite the warm compress and massage. This is gonna be fun!

The lovenox went in well also. A lot of stinging, but a smooth injection.

Another 10 days of this and I get to go see if my bHCG comes back positive. So with a stinging abdomen, sore ass and boobs, I will patiently await my test date-and play with my new iPhone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment