Saturday, May 14, 2011

"iced" coffee and cycle day one

So I came home Thursday afternoon and found our lawn had finally been mowed... but wait! Only the front had been done. They managed to make one quick pass through the field of the backyard-at which point the quitting bell must have gone off. I figured they would finish up yesterday morning. Fat chance.

So now we have a half-mowed field, 14 inch grass, no landscaping and no air conditioner. I took matters into my own hands with the air conditioner at least. That will be installed in an all day event on Tuesday. Then I can check that off of my list. Baby steps is better than nothing I suppose.

So I go to Dunkin' Donuts this morning for what has to be my eleventy-billionth iced coffee. I know how to order it and I know what to expect when I get it. This friendly server brings me my travel cup with coffee and cream and I couldn't help but notice it was missing the ice. This is better as a play by play:

Server: "Here you go!"
Me: confused..."Thanks, but there's no ice in it."
Server: not seeing a problem... "That is an iced coffee. Oh! Did you want ice in it?"
Me: "Please?"

Like I said, I have ordered many iced coffees from several different stores and several different servers. I usually-if not always-get ice in my iced coffee. Go figure This very polite server (who is not new to the job) did not remember or plan to put ice in it. No harm done. It was just an awkward situation when he responded as if I had eight heads-wondering where my ice was. It gave me a nice morning chuckle.

And to keep in theme of my blog... today is cycle day one. I am set for my early morning blood draw and-my very favorite-baseline ultrasound Tuesday. My "parts" will again, be displayed to someone approximately every other day for the next several weeks. I am quite used to it... I lost my apprehension and concern a year and a half ago.  Let the games begin-and the numerous injectable medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment