Thursday, May 26, 2011

perfect timing

Have you ever had things go so smoothly that you wonder when something will go terribly wrong? Now that would be just plain "glass is half empty" pessimistic.

Actually, this cycle is going nearly textbook. I have several mature follicles ripe for trigger tomorrow evening with the IUI for Saturday morning. Tomorrow I will go in for a final ultrasound to see how things look, get my blood drawn, and settle in for a two hour intralipid infusion (also perfectly timed the day before IUI). I even got the expected warning from the nurse that with the number of follicles I have, there is a risk for multiples. With our track record of no luck on our own, a 50% success rate of fertilization of one egg with assisted cycles... and a 0% term pregnancy-bring it on. The more the merrier. We will cross that bridge should we come to it.



For now, I can rest easy knowing we have done everything we can to make this work. Now everybody cross their fingers and toes that one little sperm can ask for directions to find one egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment