Friday, October 16, 2009

the numbers please

I never imagined seeing so much action going on in those little ovaries of mine. Today's appointment went well... really well in fact. It is entirely possible I figured my cycle would run the normal 28 day gamut. Now I know not everyone has a textbook cycle, but I am fortunate mine works out like that usually (not that it has done a bit of difference right?). The nurse took a look at the follicles and I apparently have 4 little follies developing... well, one star follie and 3 following slightly behind the star. She informed me that based on the development, she figures I will be ready to trigger Monday pending my appointment that morning-and the IUI Tuesday. MUCH sooner than I anticipated! I figured 14 days worth of injections and testing were in the works. I am very relieved of course, less injections is a plus. The numbers are a bit hard to read as all I could get out of them was a photocopy of the images, but I will be sure to elaborate below :)

May I introduce a nice 7.45 mm thick lining... thats the uterus there in the center. However, I was enlightened by my artistic and imaginative brother-in-law, it looks a bit like a smiling clown with the dark circle above it being the nose...


Here are the three smaller follicles that they hope will catch up by Monday. Follicles sizes are 12.78mm, 10.74mm and 9.58mm respectively.

And finally, my star follie measuring at 15.61mm which I hope does not crowd out the other three. It would be nice to have a few to work with this month you know?


Be good and do your thing little follies... some of you could soon be considered a first photo for the baby album. If nothing else, this process allows us to see the very beginnings of possible conception... and that puts it into an amazing perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment