Friday, July 8, 2011

the insanity begins

So I have peed on 3 sticks (one each morning for the last 3 days) to test out my trigger. It is a general rule that by 10 days past trigger, the HCG should no longer be present... although some believe it can take up to 12 days to fully metabolize out depending on the person. Wednesday it was faint and took nearly 5 minutes to show up. Yesterdays took even longer and was a bit fainter still. Todays came up within the three minute time frame and is slightly darker than the last two. I must pat myself on the back because I am keeping a semi-level head about this because:

  1. 1) I used a different brand test, even though it had the same sensitivity. It may not be accurate and certainly cannot be compared to a different brand test.
  2. 2) If my body has not metabolized all of the HCG out, this could easily be remaining trigger.
  3. 3) Even if it is a true positive, we all know where they tend to head. The excitement and joy that comes from a positive test just doesn't exist when every day can lead to a different outcome. One day at a time is all I can deal with.

I will mention though that my trigger was well out of my system by this time last month... and the speed at which the line showed this time was also a little promising. I also cannot ignore the odd uterine cramping two days ago and the unusual "electric" sensations in "the girls" (if you know what I mean)-which I had with both of the other successful cycles. It is just starting to feel that way again. The only true test? To wait and test again.

This is where the insanity begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment