Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ovarian cysts and useless blood draws

Before I get into my appointment at the RE this morning, I would like to welcome you to cycle 28. Yes... hell froze over just after my last post. My cycle began in full force Friday morning.

My appointment at the RE was less than stellar. They drew blood, then did my ultrasound. On a positive note, the uterine lining is fabulous. Pending a good look at the ovaries, I would be in the clear for my IUI cycle #3. Then she took a look at the left ovary with a cyst that rivals a small planet.

And at that, my cycle will be delayed. I am now on birth control pills for 2 weeks at which point they will check things out again to see if we can get the go-ahead then. This brings 2 thoughts:
  1. Birth control seems terribly counter productive... but hell, who am I to object to shrinking the monstrous cyst faster.
  2. I want to put in a formal request to do the ultrasound first.... THEN the blood draw. After all, they will call you with the blood results later anyway. what harm can it do to check to see if the parts are in order before drawing a pint or two right?
Please pardon my cynicism... I just feel I have to get the evil out before my body will once again be in working order. And if I hear to old adage "It will happen when you least expect it" or "Don't think about it" one more time...

1 comment:


  1. i'm Dena from Dallas,Texas..i m here to seek people's advice...please serious people should comment on this post,cos i have been attacked severally on this same post...Here is my story..my husband left me and our daughter to live with another woman,i tried all i could to get him back but nothing worked,I read about PRINCE online who fix love problems and other problems like unemployment,pregnant problems,bad luck, money problem,healing and many more,i decided to contact him,and he told me what to do to get my husband back, he told me my husband will return to me in 3 days and it happened the way he said..since then we have been happy together,everything is smooth between us..I asked him what can i do to pay him back for his great work,he said i should give him what i feel like,I want you guys to advice me on what i can give him in return of his help to my family...Please serious advice only. you can text me +12144627851 if you have serious advice.or you can also write him on his personal email (prince.cocodu.spiritual.help@gmail.com)or visit him on website: http://dadaspiritualtemple.webs.com) for any solution, and you will be grad you did.. thank you for your time,,

    ReplyDelete